Course Target Group
IT Managers, Internal Auditors, Project Coordinators, ISMS executioners, Companies requiring ISO 27001 Certification, that want their information security management system recognized internationally and demonstrate their compliance and commitment to industry respected practices, stay competitive, and open new business prospects.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
• Summarize ISO 27001 background, requirements, changes, and standards
• Describe how ISO can give companies a competitive advantage
• List the global objectives of the ISO implementation
• Discuss ISO 27001:2013 Information Security Management Principles and how they are applied in organizations
• Define process approach and the basic process model and how it is applied in organizations
• Explain how the Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) cycle and how it can achieve efficient process management
• Define and explain common terminology found in ISO 27001:2013
• Discuss the importance of understanding the organization and its context
• Describe the role of top management in an information security management system
• Illustrate how to undertake changes in a planned and systematic manner
• Explain how to directly seek out information on customers view of the organization
• Describe the need for organizations to determine and identify opportunities for improvement
• Identify what information should be included in an Information Security Manual
• List the records that are considered “documented information”
• Follow the steps necessary to implement or update ISO 27001:2013
• Identify ISO 27001:2013 audit types and objectives
• Follow the proper process for conducting internal ISO 27001:2013 audits
• Complete non-compliance reports
• List the steps in collecting and verifying information for an audit
• Describe the documents that should be included in audit records
• Identify the levels of recommendation
• Recall the contents of an audit program for a third-party certification audit
• Identify audit program objectives and risks
• Demonstrate how to properly implement an audit program
• Overview of ISO 27001:2013 Information Security Management System
• ISO 27001:2013 terminology and concepts
• Overview of ISO 27001:2013 Clauses
• ISO 27001:2013 Requirements & Controls
• Asset Management
• Documented Information and ISO 27001:2013 Implementation
• ISO 27001:2013 Internal Audit
• ISO 27001:2013 Audit Records
Learning Assumed To Be In Place
It is assumed that the learner has had some fundamental and conceptual understanding of the ISO 27001 Standard in a working environment, either directly or indirectly. While there are no formal prerequisites, it is strongly encouraged that the learner has attended an introductory program for the ISO 27001:2013.
Course Duration & Cost
Duration: 6 hours depending on prior learning
Cost: 2000 AED per participant
Assessment & Certification
At the end of every lesson, you will be given a short quiz to test your knowledge of the material presented in that lesson.
These lesson quizzes will help you prepare for the 10 question Final Exam at the end of the training.
You will be able to view every assessment result, which answers you got wrong and right, and feedback as to why the right answer is the most correct.
The final exam must be passed successfully with 70% or higher in order to receive your certificate of completion.
For more information regarding the above or any other training requirements, please contact 02 671 4302 or email email@example.com