Data Protection Policy
Quality registrar systems needs to collect and use certain types of information about its clients, its staff and third parties with whom it deals in order to operate. This includes current, past and prospective employees, clients and other with whom it communicates. In addition, it may occasionally be required by law to collect and use certain types of information of this kind to comply with the requirements of government departments for business data for example. The personal information must be dealt with properly however it is collected, recorded and used , whether on papers , in computer software or recorded on other material. We regard the lawful and correct treatment of personal information by QRS as very important to successful operations and to maintaining confidence between those with whom we deal and ourselves. We ensure that our organization treats personal information lawfully and correctly. Specifically, the principles require that personal information:
- Shall be process fairly and lawfully and, in particularly, shall not be processes unless Specific conditions are met.
- Shall be obtained only for one more specific and lawful purpose, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or other purpose;
- Shall be adequate , relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they processed;
- Shall be accurate and where necessary, kept up to date.
- Shall not keep longer than is necessary for that purpose or purposes.
- Shall be processed in accordance with the right of data subject under the legislation;
- Appropriate technical and organizational measures shall be taken against the un authorization or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to , personal data;
Therefore, QRS will through appropriate management, strict application of criteria and control:
- Observe fully conditions regarding the fair collection and use of information;
- Meet the legal obligation to specify the purpose for which information is used;
- Collect and process appropriate information, and only to the extent that it is needed to fulfill the operational needs or comply with any legal requirements;
- Ensure the quality of the information used;
- Apply strict checks to determine the length of the time information held;
- Ensures that the right of people about whom information is held, are able fully exercise under the legislation( these includes : the right to be informed that processing is being undertaken , the right of access to one’s personal information , the right to prevent processing in certain circumstances and right to correct rectify ; block or erase information which is regarded as wrong information;
- Take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to safeguard personal information;
- Ensure the personal information is not transferred abroad without suitable safeguard.
In addition QRS will ensure that:
There is someone with specific responsibility for data protection in the organization (currently the nominated person is IT Head) every one managing and handling personal information understands that they are contractually responsible for the following good data protection practice
- Every one managing and handling personal information is appropriately trained to do so ;
- Every one managing and handling personal information is appropriately supervised;
- Anybody wanting to make enquiries about handling personal information knows what to do;
- Queries about handling personal information are clearly describe;
- A regular review and audit is made of the way personal information is managed;
- Methods for handling the personal information are regularly assessed and evaluated;
- Performance with handling personal information is regularly assessed and evaluated.